Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Bestest

Happy 22nd Birthday, Kacie! You are absolutely the BEST sister anyone could wish for, and by far my best friend. Thanks for...

1. Not telling on me when you fell off the trampoline, landed on your back, and I put my hand over your mouth to shush you so mom and dad wouldn't take the trampoline away. And glad you were able to get up and walk.
2. Not telling when I slapped you "like they do on the movies."
3. Jumping off the long end of the porch first to show me I wouldn't die.
4. Sharing your new cheerleader Skipper Barbie with me when you were laid up with a hurt foot. Oh, wait. Nevermind, I took her and you couldn't run after me. Scratch that.
5. Not having a psych problem because I told you you were "too fat to fit in my tent." I was just having a bad day.
6. Making us laugh by being seductive on home video at age 5. Ha! With tongs! (Don't you all wanna know?!)
7. Volunteering to get the first spanking with a newspaper from Dad. Wait, I pushed you in front. Scratch that one, too.
8. Allowing me to jump on the bed and hold you up by the arms when you could barely stand. Well, you didn't really stand. It was more like you fell and I pulled you up constantly. But, thanks for that!
9. Making me look like a saint at birthdays when you continually threw your paper in the floor as someone constantly picked it up. Brat.
10. Always ordering a sonic sized tot so I feel better when I eat dessert instead. Sorry, I had to add that one.

No, seriously. Thanks for always calling and checking on us, loving my baby as if he were your own, bouncing him when your legs were sore from the kettle ball, throwing us an *awesome* baby shower, making me laugh, supporting me, listening to me rant, and just being the best sister I could ask for. I love you more than life itself!













4 comments:

Shannon said...

Sister memories. That was a fun post...and pictures!

Love your new look!

theglenns556 said...

Awww...I want a sister now! Sweet post!

Love the blog makeover. It looks awesome!

Kacie said...

I LOVE YOU! That was so sweet! I LOVE the pictures! You're my best friend, too! What a coincidence!

Kelly said...

Funny! Sisters are fun!

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin