Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 Month Well Visit and Shots!

So today was the big day. As we headed out the door this morning I got a wad of toilet paper and stuck it in my pocket b/c I knew I'd need it!

To tell you the truth, they weren't that bad, although I was only expecting two shots, not three! Drew cried about 10 seconds until Andrew picked him up. Then he just whimpered a little. I fed him before we left which put him right to sleep. He's been asleep for 2 hours now, which is almost a record time for him! We are stocked up on the Tylenol to give for the next day.

As for stats:

12 lbs. 9 oz (75th percentile)
23" long (50th percentile)

Dr. Phillips was incredibly nice, much more so than our last pediatrician at our 1 week visit. He sat down in the room and spent plenty of time with us. And I love that he asked if we had any questions, but didn't ask it with his back turned to us as he walked out the door. I hate when health care professionals do that! He said everything looked "perfect." The exact words I wanted to hear!

He did tell me something interesting about breastfeeding. A nurse in the hospital had told me this as well, but she wasn't sure if it was true. Dr. Phillips said statistics (don't they lie?) show that baby gets 90% of the milk from one breast in 5 minutes, 95% in 15 minutes. So in 10 minutes baby should get 90% of the milk in both breasts. I thought that was interesting considering my sweet child prefers to eat for 30 minutes sometimes!

Not much more time to write! I need to catch up on this HUGE mound of laundry! Instead, I'll leave you with pictures & a video if it will load quickly!

1 hour later...After loading this video FOREVER, I've decided to never upload another!







In the waiting room with Daddy, unaware of the shots that lie ahead!



3 comments:

Kacie said...

The video was well worth the time it took to upload. I can't wait to show Judd his big gummy grin! I love you!

Justin said...

The video is great! Justin and I just laughed and laughed! Reality just set in that, yes in fact, Kenneth Andrew Laney is a dad!!!! Precious Drew and so glad his stats were perfect and the shots were not as bad as anticipated.

Kelly said...

Sweet boy! Glad it went well...those are always reassuring visits.

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin