Thursday, September 25, 2008

POTW

I stepped out into the waiting room early this morning about 4:30. I attempted to pronounce Mr. N's name the best I could. He was from the Middle East so it was not a name I was familiar with. As soon as I called his name, he jumped up and walked very quickly towards me, eager to be seen. He looked like an intelligent man in his 30s. I walked him back to his room. He had a seat on the bed. I began my line of questioning:

Me: Tell me what's going on tonight. (Obviously, I'm looking for one main problem here)

Mr. N (in an accent, mind you): Well, my wife is out of the country for the first time ever. She's visiting her family in the middle east. I got worried because I was home alone and scared something was wrong so I came here to get checked out.

Me: Okay. So what brings you here?

Mr. N (speaking rather quickly): Well I did not eat anything today because I was so busy except for some coffee this morning. So about 11 o'clock tonight I started feeling weak. Like my arms and legs were so weak and tired.

Me: Okay....

Mr. N: (cricket chirping inserted here)

Me: (We obviously needed some prompting here): So what did you do?

Mr. N: Well, I ate a little something after 11:00 and I felt better.

Me: Okay, well that's good. So, what's going on right now?

Mr. N: Nothing now. I feel fine.

I reran the entire story somewhat like this: "So you didn't eat anything today, felt weak around 11, ate something, and now you feel fine?"

Yep. This guy must have some severe separation issues with this woman of his. I sure hope she comes back soon so someone will feed this starving soul!


3 comments:

Kacie said...

I love you! I'm so sorry plans didn't work out! I updated my blog though! :)

POTW was definitely a gem. Who would've thought that hunger pains could be cured by eating! Glad he figured that out so the rest of us wouldn't have to!

theglenns556 said...

FYI...the next time Dan goes out of town, I am totally making a visit to my local ER!

Wonder what code they used to bill the INS?

Anonymous said...

"It's a beautiful night!
Let's go the the ER!"

Watch for the T-shirt amongst the Methodist Germantown ER workers. I promise, this is a slogan for the ages.

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin