Monday, October 6, 2008

Milestones!


"Zowy Geez, Batman! A week without posting!"

Since writing is my stress reliever, you can rest assured I've had zilch time to relieve stress during the past week! The only reason I'm blogging now is because I'm sacrificing precious sleep to do so. Hey, a mom needs her sanity! In this past week, so much has happened with Drew developmentally.

In the last week, Drew has reached several milestones all at once:
1. Found his hands
2. Figured out how to put them in his mouth. And suck. And suck. And suck.
3. Found his feet and held them.
4. Reached for and grabbed toys.
5. Put the toys in his mouth. And bit. And sucked. And sucked some more.

Playing with toys now is a lot more fun! It's so strange to wonder how it must feel to want to reach for something and not be able to move your hand in the direction of the item. Poor guy! He's getting there though. He enjoys sitting in his bumbo seat and playing with toys and having books read to him as well. I can tell this mommy job is about to get even more fun!

As for sleep, we're about the same. Some nights he'll sleep a 5 hour stretch and then follow it up with 2-3 hour stretches. Other nights he wakes up every 2-3 hours to eat, leaving me exhausted the next morning!

We had two special visitors at our house this weekend!Andrew's mom came and had a great time! She just loves little Drew and couldn't believe how big he'd gotten! Kacie also came and spent the weekend with us. I miss her SO much. I took for granted all the times we lived closer to one another! She brought her super grand camera and took pictures of Drew in his bear hat she bought him. She promises she'll send the pictures to me soon to post. We'll see!

I had an eventful night at work last Friday night I want to write about, but I'm just not sure how to do it. I'll say it made me come home and hug my baby and feel so grateful and blessed.

I'm off to catch some Zzzs. I'm giving flu shots tomorrow for a few hours while Deda and Aunt Glenda watch Drew. Lots of preparation involved there!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

glad you're back! drew is looking so sweet!!

The Dutsons said...

Isn't it so much fun to watch them learn new things? It's funny how we are so excited over them discovering their own hands, like no one in the span of time has ever discovered their own hands!:) Motherhood is amazing,exhausting,but amazing.

kimma said...

Hey Audra! Drew is absolutely precious - I'm so happy for both you and Andrew!

You guys are still in Southaven, right? Where are you working? I've started exploring some leads at St. Jude's, but it's still early so I'm not sure where I will end up.

-kimberly

Audra Laney said...

Alison- Yes, exhausting but amazing sums it up well!

Kimberly- Yes, we're still in Southaven! I work at Methodist Germantown ER and really enjoy it. They have a small pediatric unit. Have you also looked into LeBonheur? What position are you looking for?

Kacie said...

I miss you too, Audra!! SO SO SO much. I promise I'll send those pics as soon as possible!

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin