* Edited * Did anyone catch that I abbreviated Hobby Lobby as HB? I have no idea why, but it hit me mid-shower this morning. With all 500 toys that we own which sing the ABC song, you'd think I'd know the difference between an L and a B!
1. First off, the weekend went great! Drew fell asleep without any difficulty at the parentals' house, slept through the night in his playpen, and was a happy camper! THANKS MOM & DAD!
2. Andrew & I enjoyed dinner together AND movie AND shopping. It has been 14 months since I've been to a movie. I looked like a 5 year old in a candy store sitting in that seat. I even enjoyed the previews.
3. We saw Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince. I usually choose long movies to watch when I'm paying nearly 20 bucks to see it. 2 1/2 hrs of a good, clean, and even funny movie--I feel like I got my money's worth! I think it was my favorite Harry Potter movie so far...but I'm not a huge HP fan to begin with.
4. Remember me talking about who in their right mind buys Christmas stuff in July? Crazies, that's who. Well, Andrew & I are crazies. We bought Drew a Christmas ornament today from my beloved Hobby Lobby (HB). It's a little boy with a cowboy hat and huge oversized boots. In my defense, Andrew is actually the one who picked it out and insisted we buy it. And we had a coupon. I was more interested in this beautiful wreath...all $127 worth. Andrew said no. Even a coupon wouldn't make it affordable.
5. I'm hosting Kacie's baby shower 2 weeks from tomorrow. What a great excuse for a visit to HB. Ahh--fabric, ribbon, decor. I love thee. I can't wait to tie it all together! It's gonna be F-U-N!
6. I cannot believe it's almost time for Ms. Caroline to make her big debut! This aunt cannot wait to hold and cuddle her!
7. I realized with Drew gone this weekend how absolutely pitifully boring our lives would be without him. It was nice to have 24 hours of downtime, but I would never choose to go back to not having kids after being on this beautiful side of the equation. He makes our lives fun!
8. My grand plan of sleeping in until noon today was a flop. I woke up at 6, 7, 8, and 9:15. I couldn't fight it any longer. I had to get up. I think I'm getting old. Or maybe I'm just trained. Can old dogs learn new tricks?
9. My living room looked like a toybox threw up in there. I finally decided the toys needed to be in Drew's room for the weekend...and my coffee table needed to be moved out from in front of the fireplace to its rightful spot. It's so lovely. And organized. And clean. Well, at least til tomorrow afternoon.
10. I don't have a number ten, but I hate having odd numbers of things.
Have a blessed Sunday!