1. I am reading a book by Sally Clarkson called The Mission of Motherhood. It is a wonderful, challenging, encouraging book that has truly inspired me as a Christian mom. In a culture where motherhood is so devalued, this book is refreshing to read as it upholds the position as God-given and monumental in the lives of children and the kingdom of God!
2. I am surrounded by mothers who wake up before the roosters to get ready to take their kids out in the 105 degree heat to do such fun activities as the zoo, water park, pool, children’s museum, and the like. I posted on FB today that I feel like Supermom if I make it to ChickFila by lunchtime with both my kids. In fact, my son thinks Sonic’s happy hour is an outing to be proud of.
3. On that note, today we went to ChickFilA (free entertainment and physical activity for the toddler) and then…..my son’s favorite “outing”…..the carwash. Yes, the carwash. It lasts all of 40 seconds, and he loves it. Who needs the zoo?
4. We are finally getting this pool cleared up again. It has been a large money pit. $80 for the pool, whoknowshowmuch to fill it up with water (waiting on that bill now), $25 on filters, plus at least $80 on chemicals to try and clear up the water. That’s a lot of work on an Easy Set 30” high pool. But you know what? My boy has sure enjoyed it!
5. I tried to be a really fun mom yesterday and make homemade sidewalk paint. I’d seen the idea several different places and thought we’d give it a whirl. Four minutes into painting, Drew was done with that project. Makes me wonder if I’ll venture out with any more fun activities. I think we’ll stick with the ColorWonder paint for now. He liked that a lot better.
6. Guess who is turning THREE this Saturday? Say it ain’t so! I always thought moms of 3 year olds knew ev-er-y-thing. What a wake up call.
7. Andrew and I are now avid watchers of Hoarders. For some reason, all I want to do is throw stuff in my house away or bag it up for charity.
8. One of my favorite times of the year is coming up—children’s consignment season!!!! There is no better high than shopping consignment sales, I tell you. You walk out with arm loads of needed clothing at rock bottom prices without having to wake up at 3am and battle the crowds. It’s a win-win in my book. Plus, what woman doesn’t like to shop?! Okay, my Aunt Deda, but besides that….
9. Every child Hannah’s age or younger that we know is starting to crawl. Hannah has yet to roll over. She has no desire. And you know what? I’m STILL okay with that. No one bone in my body wants her to be mobile right now! I have my hands full enough chasing ONE.
10. I have an addiction, I believe. It’s looking at house plans. Someone else tell me I’m not alone. No, we’re not looking to build anytime relatively soon. We aren’t moving. I just like looking. Make me feel better and let me know you do it too.