Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Blogger's Block

Hey hey, faithful readers! Hope this beautiful day finds you well and happy. It's currently 3am and it's my "convert" night where I transfer from sleeping during the night to sleeping during the day. This usually means lots of Tivoed Law and Order catch up, food that's not so healthy, and lots of blog stalking. ;) Tonight it also means lots of yawning; I'm so sleepy!

The last few days off with Andrew have just been a God-send. I feel so blessed to have a job where I can get 5 days off at one time without taking PTO. However, I get used to being around him everyday which makes not seeing him for a couple of days really hard at first! It's the thought of it that's worse than anything, because one the swing of work-eat-sleep-work hits, there's not much time to be bored and miss people too terribly. Poor Andrew though has to sit at home alone every night. :( I'm sorry, honey. At least it gives you a chance to catch up on your "sweet online gaming skills." ;)

I bought red curtains for my dining room today from JCP--thanks to their "Great Fall Sale". Kudos to Tiffany for listening to my detailed description and pros and cons of different window options today. :) They had to order them b/c they were out of red, but they should be in by the 27th of this month.

On a very random note, do you ever get blogger's block? I can think of 5 million things to blog about during the day (I obviously have too much time on my hands during my 5 day hiatus), but when I sit down at the computer, it all leaves me. Henceforth, you get no interesting news except a recap of "What I Did and Bought Today." BORING, I know. Sorry.

I've decided I'm jealous of "colorful" people. You know those people who are 1) bubbly 2) super cute 3) have the cutest, most unique stuff, and 4) are not afraid to decorate with bold designs and tons of color. I have come to the conclusion that I am conservative when it comes to almost everything. I haven't always been this way, although I've always had conservative tendancies. I'm almost positive that nursing school turned me into a germaphobe, conservative, plain jane. How do I break this spell, or am I doomed to raise my children in plain plastic bubbles? ;) Just kidding about the last part. We'll add some color to the bubbles.

The Lord says we're all fearfully and wonderfully made, so I guess I need to be content in that. It's just that sometimes I fear I come off as not fun or boring, when really I have a lot to share...just in a different way. :) Maybe I should find a way to express MY abilities and strengths instead of trying to adapt a new personality to my life. Now to identify my strengths....hmmm?

On a much different note, I have a new body part. I call it second chin. It's first chin's new sister. I believe it might have something to do with the cookies I just devoured. Mental note: say no to Pilsbury unless you want to look like Pilsbury...and have diabetes!

One more tidbit and I'll stop with the rambling. If you drink Coke products and don't use the coke rewards points, you have no idea what you're throwing in the trash! With my coke points today (that do not take long to accumulate in this house, unfortunately) I got a 12 month magazine subscription to Good Housekeeping AND a photo Calender for 2008 from Kodak.com. FREE! Last month I got a Redbook subscription. You really should sign up for these rewards! If not...email me the codes so I can get your rewards points! I have a link to the Coke Page on the right side of the page. Definitely check it out.

Well, I need to go wash and cut potatoes to put in the morning's crockpot for Mr. Andrew to start. :) Hope everyone has a super blessed week. Until the weekend, I leave you with one of my favorite Psalms because it's such a heartfelt and genuine prayer.

Psalm 86
A prayer of David.

Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy.
In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.
Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours.
All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me; ...


Audra (and Andrew...as he snores...loudly...luring me to bed).

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin