Sunday, November 11, 2007

3 Week Mark



Someone once said it takes 21 days to break a habit.

Someone obviously didn't have a REAL habit to break.

I'm at day 21 and 5 minutes, and I still crave a Coke every time I see one. Coke Zero smells almost exactly like Coke, yet it leaves a terrible aftertaste in your mouth that makes you wish you'd just had water instead (even if you're like me and dislike water). It just doesn't quite quench the thirst you long for.

I can't believe I've survived 3 weeks at work without a coke. It was my stress reliever and my best friend at times! ;) On a positive note, I'm 2 1/2 lbs lighter. Every little bit helps!

I'm not sure I'll ever be completely free of my strong desire for a sip of bubbly, refreshing sweetness...The Real Thing. Either way, my hubby (who celebrates 3 weeks tomorrow) and I are healthier for it!

2 comments:

Lori T said...

WOW. I'm so proud of you! I've tried doing this; it's rough. One year, I did it for a few months, and then they came out w/ vanilla coke; I had to try that . . . and loved it. THEN, they took that off the market, so I started being coke free again. Well, what happened this summer: they brought V coke back again. I only have 1 can a day, though. My OB said I shouldn't try to go cold turkey cause of my headaches, etc. I drink gatorade the rest of the times or a breakfast chocolate milk. You should try those. Good luck w/ your journey!

Audra Laney said...

Chocolate milk is my drink of choice now because it's loaded with sugar! lol. I allow myself about 1 glass a week, 2 if I'm struggling. Every now and then I'll have an apple juice to curve my sugar crave. I'm trying out different diet drinks. Diet Mt. Dew and Sprite Zero seem to be the best. If I have a choice of drink though, it's fake sweetened tea!

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin