Thursday, May 29, 2008

How Does She Know You Love Her?



How do I know my husband loves me?

Last night we went out for a quick 99 cent Sonic milkshake run (for a limited time only!). As I headed out the door in my baggy t-shirt, ugly grey shorts, and rainbow colored flip flops, I said,
"Andrew, are you not going to wear your shoes?"

Negative.

"What if we break down and you have to change a tire or something? You'll have to do it barefoot!" I said.

"Oh well. I prefer barefoot." Exit Andrew without shoes out front door.

Do you see where this is going?

As we were pulling into Sonic I remembered we were out of milk. Seeing as how I'm drinking approximately 1/2 gallon a day of 2% milk, this was no small ordeal. I reminded Andrew. He just smiled and said he'd go in the store and get it for me.

"You have no shoes." I said, raised eyebrows, knowing full well I wasn't going anywhere in public looking like I did. "Oh yeah," he said, realizing my echoing words as we left the house.

How do I know my husband loves me? We pulled into the gas station parking lot. Does he go in barefoot? Heavens, no. He borrows my rainbow colored flip flops and puts them on with his shorts. I'm laughing so hard at him putting them on that I can barely breathe. Just as he's stepping out of the truck in his shorts and fashion statement rainbow shoes, a big burly guy with huge biceps and a barbed wire arm tattoo steps out of the truck next to us. I was sure he grunted in lieu of formed words. Andrew headed towards the door behind him. Then came a big cop in full uniform right behind Andrew. I was laughing so hard, I was choking on my ice cream. Andrew was inside laughing--at himself--and the entire situation. I couldn't help but lock him out of the truck when he got back for a full 2 seconds. Mean? He would have done the same thing to me. It was hilarious!!

Thank you for my milk, honey. I appreciated it more than ever this morning as I ate it with my Fruity Pebbles. I know for SURE that you love me.

P.S. Watch the video above if you haven't seen the movie. That song is addictive and SO cute! I love Patrick Dempsey in it!

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin