Thursday, June 26, 2008

OB Visit

Here's the breakdown: Nothing's changed in 7 days. Everything's the same for the appointment next week. How's THAT for brief?

I asked Dr. Harper where we would go next week after the ultrasound. She kinda looked at me like I had two heads, and I felt kinda dumb. I reminded her that he was breech (transverse) 2 weeks ago, and asked what we would do if he's still breech.

"Schedule a C section," she said.

Well, yes. "When?" I continued to pry.

"39 weeks."

I almost said, "39 weeks and 0 days or 39 weeks and 6 days?" You know, for a pregnant woman that's a big difference. However, I felt like I was having to beat around the bush and was an emotional wreck and didn't really wanna pry anymore, so I left it at that. Maybe she was having a rough day. I was. She'll also be checking his size and the amount of amniotic fluid with the ultrasound. My guess is the amount of fluid is fine. There's enough in there so that every time we hit a piece of gravel in the road or turn a tad too sharply that Drew slams into my uterine wall like a rock. Which reminds me...I need to call the Dept. of Whomever that takes care of our roads.

So no more dilation. I don't know what in the world I was expecting at only 37 weeks. It's not like I've been feeling major contractions. I guess I wanted her to say, "Congratulations! 9 cm dilated. You'll be pushing this baby out in the next 30 minutes! Nurse, please set up for delivery in triage room 2!" HA! In my dreams!

She did make the comment, "Well, it's not a big deal not to be more dilated. You're only at 36 weeks."

Silence for a brief second, while I contemplated interjecting. I decided to. "36 weeks AND 5 DAYS," I added with raised eyebrows and a forward nod of the head.

She laughed. "Yes, those 5 days are important, aren't they!"

Yeah, they certainly are! That's 5 nights of little sleep, jabs in the ribcage, and waddling around! You bet they're important!

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin