Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sewing for a Cause

She doesn't have internet and will probably never know this is posted, but my sweet and pure minded 86 year old grandmother has been so hard at work sewing dresses and outfits for underprivileged Panamanian citizens. Even though her health isn't as great as it was just months or a year ago, she still finds time almost every single day to work on clothing for these people. She receives no rewards or recognitions except knowing in her heart that she's helping clothe people.

Our church group is leaving this month with a large group for this year's mission trip. My grandmother is sending more than 130 handmade outfits with them. Last year she clothed the entire congregation of women and children there, plus more! Such an amazing, Godly woman!









5 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Oh my goodness...how incredible! What a legacy!

Hilary said...

that is so awesome! she is such a servant.

Kelly said...

That has to be the neatest thing I've heard all week!

Kacie said...

She looks great! Did you ever get your maternity shirts from her? Did they fit?

Audra Laney said...

So great to know there are people out there who still think these kinds of things are so special. :)

Yes, I got my maternity shirts. And yes, they fit. :) I need to take my picture in them so she can see.

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin