Monday, July 7, 2008

Catch Up

I feel so behind! What a whirlwind week. Dad had surgery on Friday morning which went really well. They put in 2 plates and 14 screws. Talk about a bad ankle break! He came home on Saturday, and to say my mom & dad were relieved to be out of that tiny hospital room is such an understatement! The good news is his ankle will be back to 95% in 15-18 months. He has a while to go, but I have a feeling a certain small (and new) someone will help keep his spirits lifted!

We got to see Kacie and Judd this weekend which meant we laughed until we cried. They went out on the lake on Saturday and came back extra crispy. It is still my firm stance that I would rather be pale white than endure the agony of blisters and burning. I will take a stomach bug over a bad sunburn any day! Good luck healing, Kacie & Judd! They'll be back up around the time Drew is born (soon, please!)

Speaking of my stubborn boy...he's still floating around inside his warm nest. I have decided this 38-39 week stuff is FOR THE BIRDS. The miserable switch gets turned on around 36-37 weeks, and it doesn't go away, I suspect, until delivery! Not much indigestion occurring at all (knock on wood), but the back pain!!! Oh my!! The closest back pain I've experienced to this was a pulled muscle last year when I couldn't get out of the floor. When the pain isn't sharp and stabbing, it feels like the lower part of my back is extremely bruised. It hurts to even touch it lightly. The only remedy is heat--whether via water or a heating pad. I have no idea what causes all of this sudden pain. The weight of the baby? Back labor? Contractions? I don't know, but I wish it would disappear soon!

I do feel contractions every now and then, but none that get longer, stronger, and closer together. I'm praying for them though! I'm pretty sure I've dilated further so I'm anxious to go to the doc Wednesday and find out. Not that it will make a difference, but you know, it's nice to know your body works the way it's supposed to....if you don't have an upside-down, stubborn child. The swelling has finally hit. It's not awful, but it's definitely noticeable. My watch which used to flop around my arm, now leaves marks in my skin. My toes look like sausages at the end of the day. My blood pressure had been elevated to 130/90 the last 2 weeks at the doctor's office. I checked it yesterday at mom's house, assured it would be 140/100 and they'd rush me to the OR to take care of my stubborn child. Nope. 117/72. So, anyway, we're hanging in there!

The 38 week picture is on its way to gross you out. Don't give up hope just yet!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I know you don't want to hear this...but he will be here before you know it! :)

Does swimming help you feel better at all?

Audra Laney said...

I wish I knew! I don't have a pool! :(

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin