Monday, July 14, 2008

We're Home as a Family of Three

First of all, thank you all for your comments, calls, and prayers. We have such wonderful family and friends and are so blessed!

Drew is sleeping now in his bassinet for the first time. Prior to this afternoon, he's refused to sleep anywhere except our arms. I'm not complaining though. ;) He is by far our greatest blessing and we are SO happy to be home with a healthy baby boy. We had a really rough day on Saturday, our discharge date. Little Drew hadn't peed in 34 hours and was in the early stages of dehydration. No matter how much breast milk and formula he got, he still wouldn't pee! It was absolutely the hardest day of my life knowing something could be wrong with my baby. I finally decided to go along with the doctor and just cath him so we could see if he had urine or not. What an agonizing decision! As our nurse was about to rub him down with betadine to perform the cath, he peed!! She caught half an ounce in a cup as it shot across the room. He's been home free ever since. No mommy has ever been prouder of her son's tee-tee, I tell you!

Short and sweet:

He's eating really well now, and we have to wake him up to eat because he LOVES to sleep, and he's smiling constantly! We loooove his sweet smiles! Birth story to come later. Now to answer the question I'm constantly getting: "Where are more pictures??!!" They're right here...



Right before getting started: 38 weeks, 5 days


I'm so ready!




Surgery had started...


Here he comes!


Happy Birthday, baby boy! His cry left me crying!


Making the sweetest noise ever to Mommy's ears.


Our new family of THREE :)


My little piece of heaven...


Mrs. Lee Ann came for a visit :)

The proudest Papaw EVER


A little jaundiced


A VERY proud Daddy


Deer in the headlights look


I love this little nose and these lips...and this head full of hair...


Milk coma


Mommy and Drew's favorite napping position. Please excuse Mommy's "I just had a baby" look.


Sleeping well in my bassinet for the first time. Mommy and Daddy are thankful!


He melts me!


Mommy likes to play dress up with me

7 comments:

Amanda said...

So, so, so sweet! I'm so glad everything went well for all three of you. We are looking forward more each day to our little boy's arrival. You all look wonderful!

Hilary said...

I can't believe he's here! I can't wait to come see y'all in action. He is so precious. I'm so glad you are all doing so well!

Kelly said...

He is ADORABLE! Hang in there these first few days and enjoy all of that time that he does sleep...no matter where it is! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Laney family!!! I enjoyed seeing all the fantastic pictures and descriptions of everything. Blogs are the next best thing to being there! He is a beautiful baby, and we're so thankful all went well.Take care of yourself, Audra! Group hug from us!
Love,
Mr. Rick & Mrs. Deana

Shannon said...

He really is such a pretty baby! And, so masculine already (you know how you can't tell with some babies).

I think our recliner had a permanent indent of my bottom, between feedings and naps holding Morgan!!

Wade said...

We're really happy for you guys!

One of my favorite things to do with Tate during his first few days at home was to lay him down on my chest while he slept - I loved that feeling!

If I tried that today Tate would never go to sleep because he would be wide awake trying to jam his thumb up my nose!

Enjoy that little boy of yours!

Wade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin