Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Back!

I'm getting so much grief for not blogging and posting new pictures for the fam! So sorry! My life is a tad more hectic than it used to be what with a baby to tend to 24/7 and all. ;)

Sunday night was my first night back at work. Drew woke me up that morning at 6:15 which was fine since that's what time we have to get up anyway to make it to church at 10:00. (Wake up, nurse, mommy shower, baby bath, mommy eat, nurse, dress mommy, dress drew, pack diaper bag!) I attempted to get a nap that afternoon, but it was reduced to 45 minutes when my child insisted on staying awake. Leaving him was SO hard. Even though I knew he was in good, competent hands with people who love him just as much as I do, I couldn't help but wonder, "What if he needs me and I'm not here?" I made Andrew promise on his life that if Drew wouldn't quit crying he would put him in the truck and drive him up to me. I also made him and Kacie promise to send me texts and voicemails throughout the night to tell me how he was doing.
I was sooo looking forward to coming home. I was hoping my relief would arrive on time and I could walk out before 7. Well, guess what? My patient turned bad on me at 6:40. Perfect timing! I didn't leave until 7:30, but when I got home I kissed my baby's face off!! When I went to nurse him, he looked so happy to have me back instead of a bottle. He was smiling and laughing so much I couldn't even get him latched on. Needless to say, the feeling was mutual! I am so thankful that my work schedule worked out so I could just work one day a week. That wasn't the case until just recently after much prayer and consideration. Praise God for His blessings! The only downside-I'll SO miss my weeknight nurse & doctor friends!

I can't go to work without some kind of patient story. The lady in the hall called out to me as I was walking by. I kindly asked what she needed. She said, "Do we get a discount for not having a television while we're here?" I said, "Only if I get a bonus for no break tonight." I laughed. She didn't.

My iron bladder boy is still peeing out of his diapers. We bumped him up to cruisers even though he's still 4 lbs underneath the Cruisers limit. They definitely hold better (ie hold more), but he still leaks out all the time when he lies on his back. Today he'd been asleep in my arms for about 45 minutes. I decided to attempt to put him in his bassinet. I promise I hadn't been away 5 seconds and I heard him squirm. I turned around and there was tee tee everywhere! Happened again at his afternoon nap. We've made sure his "shooter" was pointing downward, tried bigger diapers, and tried turning him on his side instead of his back to no avail! I've never heard of anyone else having this problem!

He will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. WOW! We go for his 2 month check up on Sept 9 during which he'll get his shots. Y'all...I'm dreading this like the plague! He and I are both going to bawl. Those nurses and doctors are going to think I'm crazy. Crazy about my baby hurting! I am, however, looking forward to having him officially weighed. The difference in his weight and mine on the scale is 12.5 lbs. Speaking of weight, I still have 10 lbs to go and have remained the same for almost 2 weeks. I think I've hit a rut!

The big excitement at our house is that Andrew & I are going on our first post baby date Saturday night while mom and dad keep Drew for a few hours. We're super excited! My friend Lori challenged us to try and not talk about Drew while on the date. She said it's almost impossible! I have a feeling she's right!

And back by request, many pictures of my sweet boy!




The outfit from Aunt Dianne


The dimple caught on camera--finally! I have one in the same spot! Isn't it adorable?!




"Thank you. Thank you very much!"



6 comments:

Hilary said...

so glad you're back! I was missing Drew. sorry I didn't get to call you back. We worked worked at the church tonight. We're housing evacuees.

Kelly said...

I'm so envious of your one day a week work schedule. That is great...I bet you'll love it after awhile!

He is a cutie, and it will just get more and more fun.

Jennifer said...

glad your schedule worked out! Maybe try a different brand of diapers. I can not believe you are having this problem - we had that problem with all brands. Good luck and he is TOO cute! Oh yeah, it is really hard not to talk about him when you go out! When we got in the car without him it was so weird not seeing a car seat in the back!

Shannon said...

That is so weird about the diaper thing. We're in a whole different world with all girls!

Glad your first night back at work went well! I've missed the P.O.T.W. stories!

Kacie said...

Just wanted to tell you, the Elvis picture of Drew shows a dimple on the other side!

Laura said...

I had never heard of diaper problems like that. I hope you get something worked out. Do you think maybe we could meet ya'll in Memphis sometime?

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin