Wednesday, November 26, 2008

6 Things I'm Thankful For

Kacie tagged me to list 6 things I'm thankful for this season. Let's see if I can list them all before my favorite 4 month old warrants my attention!

1. My relationship with God. I know there are a lot of people out there who don't believe in God, and some who believe and choose not to follow Him. I just can't imagine my life without my relationship with Him. He is the foundation of my marriage, my family, my values, my morals--everything! Every decision I make includes Him. In times of trouble, He is the sanctuary. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be that close to such a powerful, almighty God!

2. My family! My little boy has stolen my heart like no other. There is no second thought on if I would die for him if it came to that. My husband & son are my joys in life. My worst fear is not having them around. My parents, sister, grandparents, aunts, and uncles....I so enjoy spending time with them. Eating, fellowshipping, laughing about any and everything. Home is where your family is!

3. Home videos. If you really know me or my sister, you'll know we are home video freaks. I treasure the moments that were recorded so that I can go back and relive moments that my childhood mind didn't remember. Or to rekindle the memories that seemed to be fading of lost loved ones. To hear their voices and see them move again--that's priceless.

4. Internet. What was life like before there was internet? It's a lifeline now! I can keep up with my family during the day while they're at work through email and instant messaging, share pictures without spending oodles of money printing them off for everyone to see, find cheap deals on things we need, locate & reconnect with old friends, and make new friends! I would hate to go backwards and be without the internet now that we are so dependent on it!

5. DVR. If we're being honest here, I am truly thankful for my DVR. For 5 dollars a month I can record all my shows, watch them whenever I want, and fast foward through the commercials. This is especially handy when my son won't allow me to lay him down for his nap. So we sit on the couch and watch 15 more episodes of The Cosby Show. What did I ever do without this contraption?

6. Our home. Even if it feels like we're cramped sometimes, I've been to the places where a huge family literally lives in one solid concrete room. I know 2000 square feet is plenty for just 3 people! We are so blessed, and our home is building its own memories. The approaching holiday season will only add to it!

I tag whomever wants to play. :)

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin