Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy 5 Months, Drew!



Drew on his 5 month birthday!

Drew,

Yet another month has passed, and I'm amazed with all you've accomplished in the last few weeks of your life. Our house is full of your belly laughs, high pitched squeals, and your occasional cryfest. You're rolling from tummy to back all the time and have even gone from back to tummy several times without help! You're starting to actually swallow the baby food we convince you to eat with our crazy airplane noises. We absolutely live for your gummy smiles. Oh your smiles. When you smile it's with your entire being. Your eyes just light up and make my day (or my early morning). Waking up to your smiling face every day at 8:30 is the way everyone should be able to start their day.

I cannot believe 5 months ago today I'd only known you for 4 hours. I can still remember life before you, and I would never go back to it. This-parenting you & knowing such love- is what life is all about!

You are up to so much these days. Your new thing is playing "pat a cake" when someone holds their hands out to you. Mamaw Betty taught you this, and she's so proud that you caught on! You fake cough all the time and smile because you know that it gets you attention. You are my cuddle bug at night. If I move away from you towards Daddy, you somehow nudge yourself right up next to me again. And even though it may cause me arm pain, I secretly love it. You always wear a bib now because without it your clothes would constantly be soaked. You are definitely teething and are finally using a teething ring-even though you prefer our fingers instead!

Other things you love: music, baths with Daddy, lights, ceiling fans (still!), your mobile, your jumperoo, your bouncer, mommy's singing, Daddy's funny voices, playing airplane, your polka dot blanket, sleeping next to Mommy, cold wipes at your diaper changes (crazy, I know), booty paste (crazy again), cell phones, remotes, bouncing, standing, sitting in the high chair, and eating (er, drinking milk).

You are eating some baby food. The only thing you really like is applesauce. Rice cereal was definitely a flop and carrots were even worse. You choked and coughed and nearly gagged everytime I fed you a bite of carrots. Guess you're not a fan! That's okay. I'm not either. :)

You're still not a big fan of sleeping in your crib, but you're getting better at it. I've been putting you down for naps in your crib and you'll sleep for 30 minutes before you wake up; however, if I'm holding you, you'll sleep a lot longer so sometimes I just keep holding you for that reason!

You and Daddy are developing a much better bond now that you're a little more "roughhouseable." You two laugh and play when he gets home from work, and it makes his day when you belly laugh at him. He IS a pretty funny guy. Just tonight he told you if you put a cookie in front of me, I'd follow you for days. Daddy is sleeping in the bed of his truck tonight. ;)

Your first Christmas is coming up in about 2 weeks. Everyone has gifts just for you, and you will be the highlight of our day. We're sure to get lots of pictures of you ripping paper and probably not caring about the toys. Oh well. :) We'll continue to spoil you anyway.

It blows my mind that you're almost half a year old. They're not kidding when they say how fast kids grow up. It sure is much clearer to me now what they mean. I cannot wait to see what the next month brings! I love you, kiddo!

Mine and Daddy's entire hearts belong to you.
Mommy


(Press the play button)

4 comments:

Kacie said...

I LOOOOOOOVE the video. :)

Anonymous said...

loved seeing his cute little laugh!

Hilary said...

So cute. I love the laugh!!

kimma said...

He's precious, Audra! I'm so happy for you two!
-kh

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin