Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

50 years ago tomorrow a very special woman gave birth to a very special little boy who would grow up to become the man I measured all my dates against. He grew up to be the world's strongest man to a 3rd grade little girl. There was nothing he could not lift or carry, and she made sure to let everyone at her lunch table know this. He was her protector, strong and manly in every sense of the word. He set the example and prayed before every meal. He taught her how good a Reeses peanut butter cup tasted. He showed her how to fillet a fish, even though she never wanted to try. He tried to get her to mow the grass. Didn't happen. ;)








Happy Birthday to my sweet Daddy! I love you SO very much. Thank you for all you've taught me and have meant to me. You are an amazing Papaw, and you & Drew are going to have so much fun together. I'm honored that he carries on your name.

I love you.
Audra

(Sidenote: He had a 50th birthday party this past Saturday night with a few of his closest friends and family. It was a BLAST! The pictures below are from that event.)








No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin