Friday, March 27, 2009

Dirty

It's been one of those days. My newly mobile child is into everything and anything he shouldn't be. His favorite toy is my $250.00 set of blinds. He thoroughly enjoys bending them as I'm firmly saying, "No, no, no" until I'm blue in the face.

I feel like I'm going to wear a hole in the carpet. I walk continuously from the blinds back to the living room floor, plopping him among hundreds of dollars of toys which don't hold his interest nearly as long as a doorstop or air vent, or especially the blinds.

This is how our morning went...

Earlier today, he peed out of his diaper and onto my sheets. Changed him. Left the sheets. Change them later.

I fed Drew, changed his diaper, changed him into clean (dry!) clothes, and picked him up. I walked three feet. Spit up. Everywhere. Changed his clothes. Changed my clothes. Cleaned the carpet.

I got out of the shower and got dressed to leave for Greenville. I picked him up. Warmth all over my only pair of clean jeans and newly washed shirt. Spit up. Everywhere. Changed again.

But as of now he's lying peacefully in his crib next to Monkey. And as I'm typing this, I look down and see I've just spilled coke all over my clean, white shirt. Change again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol; sorry about all the wardrobe changes. And if you think you're busy chasing after him now, just wait til he starts walking. Ugh. Abby NEVER stops moving.

Hilary said...

oh boy. juliet is either spitting up ALL over herself right after bathtime w/ fresh clothes on or dirty diapers crawling up her back. yuck. no mobility issue...yet!

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on him about the blinds, he inherited it from YOU!! Yes, my perfect Audra loved to pull down curtains!!!
I love you and I adore my grandson

Mom

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin