Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 8 Months, Drew!

My sweet boy,

To think that we're 2/3 of the way through your first year of life is astounding! You change so greatly in your abilities from week to week that it's almost like you're a different child since just the beginning of this year!

I think Daddy really likes that when he comes home from work you smile SO huge and start fidgeting to get into his arms. He said today that coming home to us is his favorite part of the day. That didn't make mommy feel too bad either. ;)

You definitely are developing some separation anxiety, but it is usually quickly resolved. However, when you want mommy, YOU WANT MOMMY. And I'm always happy to oblige you. :) My favorite times of the day are in the morning when you're up and so rested and happy and at night when we spend our 20-30 min together while you go to sleep. I feed you and you finally go limp in my arms. I sit there and stare at you--so beautiful, so peaceful. Not a single care in the world. It's something no photograph could come close to capturing, but I sure wish it could. It's the most beautiful thing ever. I just wanna breathe you and soak you in. Not wanting to forget a single second. Yet you get older with every heartbeat, with every second. And with every tick of the clock, you are growing up on me.

But, oh how I love this boy you are becoming! Strong willed, adventurous, ready to try anything! Stubborn? Oh yes! I think you get that from your mom. ;) INTO EVERYTHING--like your daddy. :)

Milestones: within the last week you've finally decided that you like table food! I was SO relieved. I was beginning to think you'd still be drinking milk going into junior high. Now you eat: applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, turkey, lima beans, and mashed potatoes. With this newfound love of eating comes quite a change in your diapers. YUCK is about the best word to describe it. I thought breastmilk diapers smelled. They don't hold a CANDLE! Your daddy used TEN (yes, ten!) wipes on one of your diapers the other day. He said, "At 1 cent a wipe, I can spare a few to not get orange poop all over my hands." Boys will be boys. ;)

You are crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling up on EVERYTHING. You even attempt to only hold with one hand and then attempt to let go and balance on your own. This results in a quick plop on your bottom each time, but you're trying! Just yesterday and today you learned how to climb stairs. A baby gate is in our very near future!

You squeal and make noises that are so precious, especially when you're alone in the backseat of the car. You say "dadada" and it melts my heart! You have finally reached the point where you'll sometimes mimic when I say "dada." So now we'll soon be starting on manners--please & thank you. You have to be a polite gentleman to win the hand of a wonderful lady someday!

You also mimic clapping your hands sometimes. You first did it last week and I was so excited I screamed to Aunt Kacie on the phone, but she didn't really understand what the big fuss was about. It was precious, but I haven't caught it on video yet!

Likes: the above listed baby foods, crawling, standing up, bouncing, being naked, being tossed in the air, bathtime, anything that will go in your mouth, stairs, the fireplace, doorstops, blinds, your leapfrog table, the crawlball, strolling in the stroller, and playing ANYTHING with mommy & daddy.

Dislikes: peas, getting your nose wiped, any liquid besides milk, being confined to one area, diaper changes when you're hungry, car rides when you're really sleepy, being taken away from mommy when you want only her, getting your fingernails clipped, and getting dressed.

Oh little boy! Every fiber of my body absolutely adores you! I love your belly laughs, your kisses, the way you stick out your tongue when you smile, your two-toothed grin, the way you smile when you dream. I wonder what you dream about. Is it about me and you and the day we had together? Are we laughing and playing? Is it you & Daddy splashing in the tub?

You are such a pure JOY in all of our lives, and I wouldn't trade a million days of sleeping in and late night date nights for you. We love you with all of our hearts!

Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin