Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Striped Tie Attire

Last night was the long awaited evening. After a trip to 2 separate Wal-Marts, I came home with my fabulous new sewing machine. I was so thankful the manual included instructions on how to thread a bobbin and a needle. I'm that type novice level.

I waited all afternoon to see Drew's tale-tell signs of naptime so I could throw him in the crib and...er, rock him to sleep and put him to bed...so I could start to work on project #1.

This has to be sewing 101 'cause it was so easy! There is an obvious flaw on the knot, but naptime is too short to rip out each stitch and start over. So the flaw stays! But besides that, how cute is my man gonna be?!


Thanks to Char for the instructions! And please go look at her site. She is so crafty it's sickening.

7 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Darling! You did a great job!

Amy said...

Very adorable!! I am excited to see what kinds of cute projects you come up with for little boys! Most of the ones I have seen are for little girls (probably because I have a little girl)!

Ben and Audrey said...

super cute!!! i love the shirt. feel free to whip me something up, anytime!!!!

Margaret said...

Too cute! My mom still has her mother's sewing machine and I've been tempted to get it out. Olivia's been learning how to quilt from a friend and eventually I want her to teach me a few basics.

Thanks for the input on the tree topper. I'm thinking I'm going to find some curly sparkly things or something of that nature.

Shannon said...

So cute! I love that fabric:)

Hilary said...

awesome!! go audra!

nhi said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I can't wait to make it for my lil man. I'm just having problems printing out the template.. Any suggestions?

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin