- You recognize family members' names and can match the name to the person. For example, "Go give this to Granna," and, in a room full of people, you take the ball to Granna. You did this for several family members, and I was so impressed! I didn't know you had made the connection of names outside of Mommy & Daddy! (This leads me to want to make a photo book with your favorite people!)
- You know the names for so many items, even though you don't verbalize them yet. Broom, vacuum, train, ball, cup, chair, phone, etc.
- You follow more commands now. For example, "Put this on the table," and you do it.
- You can sing "that" song and hit the notes so well. I'm banking on you loving to sing...and being good at it! ;)
- You're attempting to say more words, but only when you feel like it! (ie, not when people ask you to repeat something.) You've tried saying: ice, banana, yes, deda, and oakley
- You're pretty much in an 18 month size clothes now. However, the pants are still too long. You're stuck between 12 months in some pants, 18 months in others!
- You have cut almost 16 teeth! Some are not completely through yet, but they all seemed to come at once!
- You really like: putting caps/tops on things (you love putting the cap on a coke bottle), playing with the steering wheel, your lawnmower, being outside, climbing, playing with lightswitches, the vacuum, opening and closing doors/cabinets/drawers, being held, your see n' say, books, animal books, playing with phones, singing, chocolate milk, bread, french fries, goldfish, and saying the word "no."
- You really don't like: having to sit down, being put down in the shower, brushing your teeth (getting better though!), and being confined in the carseat for too long.
- You took your first long trip (Dallas, TX) in the last month and did SUPER!
- You played on your first fast food playground.
- Went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time.
- Daylight Saving Time is kicking our toushy. You went from sleeping in 'til 9:30 to sleeping in 'til 7:30. I'm missing those extra 2 hours.
- You take a good nap in the afternoon on most days. Today it was 3 hours long (miraculous!) and at night you go down around 8:30-9:00pm.
Mommy & Daddy