Okay so, all seriousness aside, I have a list of things I am so thankful for having in my life. You know, aside from faith, family & friends. You can't beat those, but I really wouldn't want to go without these things if possible. I give you my five favorite materialistic items.
1. Electricity. People, I hate to sweat. Air conditioning is my BFF. I could write a song about how much I love the hot water that pours, with all its beautiful water pressure, out of my shower head. I love that I can microwave my Rotel whenever I want without the aid of a burning stove and that I have ice at my fingertips to pour my already chilled Coke over.
2. Internet. It's my lifeline to the world. Without getting off my couch or out of my PJs, I can check the weather, my email, buy practically anything, get a virtual hair makeover, learn Spanish, or how to weave a basket out of twigs. It's all at the fingertips. How much easier can it get?
3. Coca Cola. I'm gonna blame it on all of you for never holding me accountable because I STILL have this Coke addiction. Life's too short not to have a the good stuff.
4. DVR. I am extremely thankful for our version of a DVR. To record shows and play them back at your leisure?! How easy is that?! And watching House, MD in crystal clear clarity, all the while not tuning in to a SINGLE commercial?! I just doesn't get better than that...
5. Purses. They're like a girls best friend. I would say they even come before shoes for a lot of women. Easy to change out. 500 different colors. A new purse can make you feel like you're walking off the New York runway. It can put pep in your step as you're walking through Kohls and that annoying Miley Cyrus song starts playing....("Movin' my hips like"....oh, sorry.)
(Runners up: stretchy pants, fat jeans, red toenail polish, long sleeved tshirts, and granny panties)
(Honorable mentions: anything holding my kid's attention)