I always looked forward to ages 23 and 24. Those just seemed like such glorious numbers. I was right. I spent those two years celebrating the first year of Drew's life, basically marking down each time he breathed.
And now here's 25.
Don't get me wrong--I am more than happy to be at 25! Sadly, far too many people never make it to this age. But you know what I think I liked about 23 and 24? (Careful- I'm about to break out my 3rd grade math skills...which is about the extent of what remains in my "math file" in my head. Except long division...was that in third grade? I lost that somewhere.)
23 & 24 round to......20! That's right.
25 rounds to.....30!
I know SO many cool 30 year olds, but I guess I have this weird connotation of relating '30' to appliqued sweaters, elastic band pants, and bedtimes of 9pm. Yeah, I know that sounds more like 75, but that's what I envision! (To all the 30 year olds out there: I know you're not like that. I well know you're not uncool or "old" and that 5 years doesn't make THAT much difference.) ;)
In honor of my birthday, I wanted to write down the hopes I have for this "rounded up" part of my life.
1. I hope my kids outlive me by many, many years.
2. I hope my family always has good health.
3. I hope my children have a boring testimony when they are saved by Jesus Christ.
4. I hope they find mates who are Christians and love them and support them 100%.
5. I hope my husband and I die at a ripe old age in our sleep on the same night. I never want to know a day without him.
6. I hope my children "arise and call me blessed."
7. I hope I'm never known as lazy.
8. I hope I have TONS of grandchildren one day!
9. I hope I hear "Well done, good and faithful servant."
10. I hope my life affects other people in positive ways, ways which influence their eternity.
11. I hope I have a spot in heaven, even if it's JUST inside the gate. I just wanna be there. No robes, crowns, mansions needed. I just wanna sit at Jesus' feet.
12. I hope my son grows to be a gentleman...and starts in his younger years!
13. I hope I have a house with a front porch someday which faces the west so I can watch sunsets in the summer.
14. I hope they come up with a Coca Cola product that tastes like Coke, but is sugar free. (NOT Coke Zero--bleh!)
15. I hope I see a cure for cancer and diabetes in my lifetime.
16. I hope I see a healthcare system that works....and works well.
17. I hope I have the joy of hearing my kids sing and pray in church.
18. I hope I celebrate a golden wedding anniversary without too much difficulty.
19. I hope I never have a love of money, but instead a yearning for the Lord's blessings.
20. I hope one day I care less about what other people think and only about what God thinks.
21. I hope I live up to this expectation of wife & mother that I have in my head someday.
22. I hope we have at least 3 kids. (No comments here. Yes, I'm aware this is a mother of a measley 'one' saying that).
23. I pray God finds it in his plan to bless us with at least 1 girl!
24. If not, I hope my boys wanna play beauty shop and brush my hair! ;)
25. I hope I hit 30 and beyond with great joy! (Even if I'm wearing appliqued sweaters and elastic pants!)
Pressing toward 30 with pride,