Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This & That

-We finished up the first season of 24 last night. WOW. Didn't see that ending coming. I'm sure most of you don't remember season 1 because it was out in 2001. We're a wee bit behind.

-Drew and I made cookies today. He helped me stir and smear dough on the fun. It was quite fun. Afterward, we ate cookies and danced in the kitchen. I wish I had gotten pictures. It would have made for an adorable scrapbook page...if I scrapbook ever again.

-Drew has been so good these last few days. Almost angelic. Almost...

-I got all my laundry done on Monday and felt like I was Mrs. Productivity. Explain to me how the basket is nearly full of dirty clothes on Wednesday.

-I saved 50% on my Kroger bill this week. Only spent $48 dollars and now have enough meals for 13 nights. Woo hoo!

-I saved 40% at Target and got liquid fabric softener (new to me; never used it before!), cheese, and razors. Another woo hoo.

-I ran out to get in on the CVS Huggies Wipes deal yesterday. After a 10 minute drive, no wipes, and 3 phone calls to CVS stores with no more wipes in stock, I admitted defeat.

-I love my husband because he gives my child a bath in the middle of the day every day so I can have a 30 minute or so break to do whatever I want. One of the many perks of him working from home!

-My grandmother told me today that she is an avid "The Bachelor" fan. I thought that was hilarious. Almost as hilarious as when she told me last month that she thinks gold teeth are "cute." Love her!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Just in case your Grandma likes reading blogs I wanted to share the Bachelor blog link that I read.
www.ihategreenbeans.com It is a fabulous recap.

Leah said...

Wow you ARE behind on 24! I can't say anything though - I started watching with season 6... and I watched seasons 1-5 in about 3 months. It was ridiculous! I was trying to catch up before the new season started and got carried away :) It's actually much better to watch on DVD because it's really tough to wait a week between episodes!

Laura said...

I'm going to start shopping at Kroger on Sundays in Jackson. I like how they double coupons, plus the rewards card. Can you give me some tips on how to save even more there?

Audra Laney said...

Laura--Here's the link I wrote here in August: http://andrewaudra.blogspot.com/2009/08/coupon-clipping-information.html

and even better--if you look on the right side of my blog, almost all the way to the bottom it says "If you're pinching pennies"...click on "Getting started" or just copy & paste this: http://www.southernsavers.com/tutorials/

Southern Savers (Jenny) is my go-to girl!

said...

I totally relate to the fact that laundry seems to be a mile high just two days after you've done it all! : )

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin