Monday, April 5, 2010

Flight of Thoughts

1. Pretty weather puts me in the best of moods. It also makes me want a Sonic milkshake. I really hope they start advertising their yearly milkshake deals soon!

2. The trees all around our yard are putting out leaves and our grass turned green during the last week. I told my mom I think we have the greenest yard in the neighborhood for the first time...because we have more weeds than they do!

3. I heart TUMS. I have figured out if I take just one every morning, I'm golden until around 7pm. Love me some TUMS.

4. I'm almost 8 weeks along and I'm already DYING to know the gender of this baby. We've decided to get the 16 week gender determination ultrasound in Tupelo. That lands us in June. I cannot wait!!! Andrew & I both think it's a girl. But we'll see....

5. I haven't been on a real vacation in several years so to say I'm pumped about our trip to Branson in July is just a severe understatement. I am quite sad that I won't get to have my stomach yanked to my toes on the roller coasters, but am just thrilled to be getting out and away from lovely Mississippi for a few days. I really won't miss our humidity one bit. Did I mention our condo has a pool? When Drew goes down for his naps, I think Mommy will enjoy lots of time there!

6. All of a sudden I know like 75 pregnant women. They're everywhere!

7. I want to work in my flowerbeds, but the little jumping grass spiders are preventing it. (That and the whole "food comes up when I bend over" thing.)

8. I really need to sell my 2 door Honda Accord. Takers?

9. I have been craving a Longhorn steak for 3 weeks, hence the poll on the side of my blog. I must salivate over the thought of that filet at least 3 times daily. Come on, tax return.

10. I have a real yearning to get into a good Chrisitian motivation book and got several suggestions from Kelly's Korner the other week. I narrowed down my choices:

The Power of a Praying Wife
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
Sheperding a Child's Heart
The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained: How to Defeat Mommy Stress

Well, to be honest with you, it's 4pm and I haven't had a shower today so I guess I need to prioritize a little better between blogging and personal hygiene. Oh you do that, too? Good. I don't feel so bad. ;)

Have a blessed day!

9 comments:

Hilary Gresham said...

Sheparding a Childs Heart!!!!! It is so good.

Leslie G said...

Branson is so awesome. I hope to go in June!

The Washington Family said...

I have loved the love language series. I have love language for children, marriage, and even gave for singles to my sisters. I use it in school and all the time. I have the app on my phone also. I have the power of a praying wife and it is among my going to read very soon books. I want to read more. I can't wait to finish school so I can read for pleasure again.

Amy said...

Read the first two....both good....I just seem to get annoyed with anyone trying to motivate me at the moment...perhaps I feel like I have enough going on! ;-)

Audra Laney said...

@Hil--thanks! I'm gonna check that one out.

@Leslie--We used to live in Springfield and visited Branson often, but my hubs has never been. I'm excited to take him! Hope y'all get to go in June!

@Washingtons--That's awesome that there's an app for it! I'm gonna look that up. Thanks!

@Amy--thanks for the recommendations. You definitely have enough going on right now!

Laura said...

I've read Power of a Praying Wife and Five Love Languages. Both are great!!!

Lane said...

I'm with you on the shower thing. It's noon and I could get on the internet or take a shower...obviously I chose the internet! Maybe I should try and squeeze in a shower as well before the baby wakes up. :)

The Dutsons said...

I loved the Love Language series. It helped me to understand my husband a whole lot more, and myself as well.:)

I don't think I've given my congrats yet, but that's such a blessing to have another baby! I wish you the best.

sanjeet said...

so awesome
free classified india

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin