Sunday, April 25, 2010

Personality Test: ISFJ

Several years back when I was a freshman in college, our psych class took a test similar to the Myers-Briggs personality test. I believe my results then were ESFJ. Now the only difference is that I'm no longer an extrovert, but an introvert. I have no idea how that happened really, but it has, and I'm well aware of it. I thought the little online quiz I took summed up my personality pretty well!

"In general, ISFJs are sympathetic, loyal, considerate, and conscientious (to the point that it's annoying to myself at times). They will go to any amount of trouble, when it makes sense to them, to help those in need. ISFJs operate most comfortably in situations where the rules are well defined and where traditions are to be upheld (so true!). They focus on providing practical help and services for others (maybe why I'm a nurse?), and for the organizations they serve. They are often self-effacing in getting the job done (ding ding! Hate group work!), and they are willing to make necessary sacrifices, especially for their families. They are at their best quietly providing assistance and making sure things are in proper order.

Introvert--You scored 79% in the direction of Introversion, which means you are clearly an Introvert. People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative (well, not always quiet. My hubs will prolly agree!). They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy (very true! I'm uncomfortable in large groups of people, but I'm not really shy. I just don't wanna break the ice...probably because I've been "feeling" you (see below) and overanalyzing everything about you! Now you really wanna meet and be my friend, right?). They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge". (Oh goodness, yes! I LOVE my alone time at night. It's my destresser! Sometimes when we have lots of overnight company, I miss this and feel myself getting stressed because I've missed my recharging time.)

Sensor--You scored 22% in the direction of Sensing, which means you are a Sensor. Sensors are sensible and grounded, focusing on the concrete and the here and now. They learn through experience and are cautious with untested ideas. They appreciate tradition, but are open to new ways of doing things if they can see tangible benefits.

Feeler--You scored 56% in the direction of Feeling, which means you are clearly a Feeler. People who are clearly Feelers are very supportive and appreciative of others, making those around them feel comfortable and welcome at all times (I have anxiety issues when I think people in a group just might not feel included. I've come to find out this isn't normal for most people! I'm constantly reading the visitor to see what I can do to make them more comfortable.) They prefer to avoid conflict (A resounding YES!) and instead focus on the positive. They are very people-oriented and can quickly read a person's emotional state before a word is exchanged.

Judger--You scored 4% in the direction of Judging, which means you are a Judger. Judgers like to keep track of things so that they're not caught off-guard or unprepared, and for the same reason tend not to leave a decision up in the air or an issue unresolved. While they appreciate flexibility, even a little spontaneity, they're most comfortable when they're in control. "



Wanna know where I got this fabulous quiz? Facebook. Yep. So you KNOW it's true. It's right up there with "What kind of aminal would you bee?" or "How will you dye when your old?"

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin