1. As of tomorrow, I'll be down in the 100's instead of the 200's for my baby countdown! Woo hoo! We celebrate even the little steps around here.
2. Speaking of celebrating, I want to campaign for a National Milk Day. Is that already in existence? I love my glass of chocolate milk at night that settles my food from 10 hours earlier back into my stomach. Milk--does my stomach good.
3. I've come to realize that one of my gifts--we'll call it that instead of shortfalls--is coming up with an idea and planning something. I love to plan every detail, research the heck out of an idea, etc. The problem is I often have a problem with carrying the idea through completely (for one reason or another), but planning, I love....
4. Right along those lines, I'm thinking of getting together a small group of close friends & their kids for a playdate like once every 2 weeks. That wouldn't be so often that it's annoying, but not so far apart that everyone forgets everyone else's kid's name between meet up times. It'd be simple. Bring a fingerfood. Bring your kid. Wear your sweats and a tshirt if you like.
5. I'm also really wanting to delve into Beth Moore's new book, "So Long Insecurity." I've just read so many things about it that make me think--"that's SO me!"
6. Right along those lines, I got to thinking a Bible study around that book might be fun to do with those aforementioned moms. However, once every 2 weeks will make this book either a slow read or something really drawn out. Oh and the fact that we'll have 42 kids running around with snotty noses who will be taking each other's apple slices won't be too conducive to a deep discussion. So no go....
7. So THAT got me thinking....what about an online Bible study with these same women? What if we all got the book and set up our discussion on a message board or thread on a private FB page? Then we could read the assigned chapter every week and discuss inside the message board whenever it was convenient for each person. You've got spiritual growth, fellowship to a degree, and convenience all in one package. Score! Has anyone ever done anything similar to this?
8. I went to Kohl's with my Kohl's bucks (from my new vaccum cleaner--woo hoo) today. My grand out of pocket total was $12.47 with $58 saved. Woo hoo! Then I got some *awesome* deals at Jon Ann's. Out of pocket--$58. Saved $240. I got all my needed gifts (minus the hub's bday gift--ugh) for upcoming events and was stoked about the savings.
9. The mosquitoes are everywhere here. I think all this terrible rain has just beckoned them in. I dread all the bites my poor legs are about to receive.
10. My skin is so dry. Clearly, I'm not drinking enough fluids. I'm a naturally oily skin type (or so Clinique says), but my face is flaky, my legs are flaky and itching, my scalp is flaky, and my lips are so dry they're bleeding. Not fun!
Hope I didn't lose you in my random list of things. I'd love to hear any comments you have on the bible study, Beth Moore books (I've never read anything of hers...), or the best lotion for my flaky skin. Okay, so I'm just looking for social interaction. ;) I don't care WHAT the conversation is about!