Thursday, April 29, 2010
I Never Win Anything....til now!
Woo hoo! After years of being in the blogging world, I got my second blog award yesterday from my dear friend Amanda over at Our Life. Here are the instructions:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and link back to their blog.
If you've never read Amanda's blog, you're really missing out on some major cuteness. Little Kate is such a ham and reminds me so much of her mom already! If you'll look, Amanda is the resemblance of "Mom Barbie" in her adorable outfits, heels, and gorgeous curls. If a cute shower or party is thrown, Amanda must have a hand in it somewhere! Above all, SHE IS FUN & fun to be around! She works hard as a nurse, and I'm really looking forward to having her assistance in the hospital with baby number 2! We met back in nursing school; when we realized we'd both been to MS State the previous year, we knew the friendship would last. ;)
2. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers who have a beautiful blog.
Yikes! Only 7?! Well, I'll try to not pick any of the same ones Amanda did...
Kacie & Judd--How can I not pass an award on to the mom of the cutest niece ever?! Kacie & Judd are in the midst of renovating a house right now with an 8 month old in tow! Head on over to see major cuteness and major renovations!
The Lively Family--I love to read blogs of fellow Christian moms, especially those with boys so I can see what my life will be like in the future! Ginger is raising two handsome young men and always keeps me entertained with Warner's funny stories!
The Dalomba Days--If you're looking for a blog with a little bit of everything, check out Brittany's blog! She's got yard sale fine, renovations of furniture, recipes, and now...baby stuff! They're expecting their first baby this fall!
Urban Pioneer Women--This, ladies and gents, is Susie Homemaker made over! She can make anything--seriously. A mattress? Her own sour cream...diapers...diaper covers....clothes...you name it! I always like to check in on Amy's blog to see what she's keeping herself occupied doing...when she's not chasing her two year old and getting ready for baby number 2!
Keeping Up with the Butlers--Erin & I also date back to nursing school. We have found ourselves to have so much in common; she is one of my best mom friends. We might not talk for months on the phone, but we can always pick up where we left off. Erin is a NICU nurse, SAHM, wife to Murray, and mommy to sweet Cole!
Room for Dessert--If I began writing a paragraph on the reasons I love Hilary, we'd be here all day! Hilary is notorious for her incredible southern qualities--big bonnets on her sweet Juliet, note writing for whatever occasion, and beautiful Sunday table settings! Did I mention she's an incredible woman of faith with one of the hardest working husbands I know? Seriously...go meet her!
The Glenn Gang--Nicki's blog was one of the first ones I found when I discovered that mom bloggers even existed! Nicki is a woman of God who has two awesome pregnancy stories as a testament to God's faithfulness! Her son, Jonah, and Drew are almost exactly 2 years apart so I always look at Nicki's posts and think about how Drew will be in the same stage 2 years in the future!
3. Notify each blogger of their award nomination.
4. Write 7 things about yourself.
1. I don't go anywhere without toenail polish on my toes. In our 9 years together, Andrew has seen my toenails sans polish only two times.
2. I think I would have really enjoyed living in the 50s as a teenager.
3. I can't dance worth a FLIP. But I love watching professional dancers.
4. I fantasize about my future house with a front porch full of kiddos.
5. As I'm typing this, Drew is pulling all the flatware out of the drawer. And who knows what else.
6. I'm the pickiest eater I know.
7. I love singing in the shower but get scared someone may pull up in my driveway and hear me!
Whew! Thanks again, Amanda! This was fun. Now to go pick up 12 place settings of flatware off the floor..... :)