Monday, June 21, 2010

Some Spiritual Reading...

What a weekend! We've pretty much used last night and today to sit around in our pajamas, chat, and catch up on sleep and housework. I think it's a good decision considering the busy weekend we had!

Drew's party was a major success. He had so much fun, and I plan on doing a separate post with pictures pertaining solely to his party.

In the meantime, I wanted to suggest two books that I'm currently reading:


"The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian was recommended by a lot of people at Kelly's Korner Blog a while back; I happened to see it at our local Goodwill bookstore the other day and picked it up for just 3 dollars. The chapters are pretty short, it's very, very deep (spiritually speaking), and has opened up my eyes to just how effective and powerful prayer (specifically for our children) can be against the world and Satan.



The other book is one called Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel. Remember her? She starred on "The Facts of Life" back when I was just a wee one. Her entertainment background has proven to be a real asset in her writing skills. Not only is she super entertaining to read, but she makes discipline almost sound fun. Did I really just say that? (Check out her link to read a few ideas she gives.) This book has opened my eyes to the world of discipline outside of time out and spankings. It gives creative ideas for discipline and scriptures to go along with disciplining. I, unfortunately, don't have the new edition which has a "toddler" section, but I have a feeling it won't be too long before we get to use several of her techniques. Her writing is humorous and so easy to read. I *highly* recommend this book! I just saw she also has her own website with information on other topics including homeschooling, if you're interested.

Happy reading!

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin