Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hello, Spring!

It’s finally here! Warm temperatures without the mosquitos! My 2 1/2 year old boy has played outside almost all day for the past few days. He started on his little farmer’s tan today. Lucky dude—he got his Daddy’s skin; I’m afraid Ms. Hannah is going to have to suffer like I did, slathering on sunscreen and treating sunburns when she forgets!

Kacie, Judd, Caroline, and Amelia came home last weekend to visit. We had SO much fun while they were here. The love of/for a sister is like none other. The older I get, the more I realize what a HUGE BLESSING it is to have Kacie in my life. She listens to me cry, complain, laugh, and just bounce ideas around. Next to Andrew, she’s my best friend; I wouldn’t have it any other way! Some of you out there with sisters know what I mean. This is the main reason I’m praying we have a girl next time. (And, no, we aren’t pregnant OR trying!)

IMG_8432

Hannah, 4 months and Amelia, 2 months

IMG_8420

Watching some Elmo!

IMG_8424

Dad’s whipping up his famous mushrooms. YUMMO!

IMG_8437IMG_8449IMG_8452IMG_8453

My sweet Deda with my sweet hand-gnawing girl.

IMG_8443

Mamaw Jones held Hannah for the longest time. She couldn’t believe how much she’d grown!

IMG_8458

This picture is for my own sake. I want to remember how my house looked when I had 2 little ones running around. Always cluttered! But as my Deda says, “you can have a clean house when the kids are in college.”

IMG_8460

We have discovered a new gourmet cupcake shop just down the street from our house, L’oven. It’s DIVINE. Look what Andrew brought me the other day. YUM!

IMG_8467

Miss Hannah had her first tastes of oatmeal cereal and applesauce on her 4 month birthday. She was a fan of neither. She pursed her lips and refused most of it. When I persisted in offering, she cried. We’ll hold out a while longer, I guess!

IMG_8504

Drew looooves going to see Hannah when she wakes up and he hears her on the monitor. And she just grins and smiles at him. I hope these two have a very special relationship growing up. We’re doing our best to foster it!

IMG_8505

We are just in the slobbering phase of teething. Slobber is everywhere and I know it’s just going to get worse! I just can’t believe my baby is old enough to be cutting a tooth.

IMG_8506

This is what her hair looks like most mornings upon getting up. And if you think that’s bad…..

IMG_8514

She really isn’t bald in the back, but since she usually sleeps on her back, it just messes up the poor girl’s hair. Sometimes it leaves little “rats.” I’ve had to cut two big knots out!

IMG_8521

Applesauce: Take 2. She didn’t cry, but she was not impressed. In the least.

IMG_8523IMG_8528

A certain little boy spilled a bottle of Pantene shampoo in his jacuzzi bath the other night and made a HUMONGOUS bubble bath…

IMG_8539

IMG_8541

IMG_8544

And loved every minute of it!

Life is busy around here, but it’s SO, SO good. I’m reminded every single day how gracious my God is. He wakes me up, gives me breath, gives me health, provides for us in every way, sustains me on the days where my energy runs low, convicts me when needed (a lot!), and urges me to become more selfless and more in tune to what He wants for my life. I just don’t know how people survive without Jesus. I honestly don’t.

If you haven’t read Crazy Love, stop right now and go order it online. It’s by Francis Chan. It’s an easy, life changing read. I mean it. GO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Brittany said...

Sweet pics! Reid slobbers like a maniac, lol
Loven is walking distance from my house, I try to avoid it but it's so good!!!! Are you doing the consignment sale? Wanna go with Audrey & I???

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin