Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Most Random Blog

Today's blog will consist of my random thoughts. You might say, "That's what you always post," but today it will be ever MORE random than normal, if even possible. There are just too many things on my mind that I want to put in writing. Penning my thoughts always gets them off my mind, and decreases what I have to worry about. Now, without further ado...

-I am so tired of Hollywood's ideas of romance, love, marriage, and sex. There is no doubt in my mind that the raciness of television, music, and movies had negatively influenced our families and relationships. There are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, Hollywood has taken something so pure and made it into something racy and vile. Americans have forgotten about what God set aside marriage and sex and love to be. I think many times we see our relationships and our conflicts through the lens of a movie camera. It's just not realistic. Life is so much more complex and emotions are so much more fragile in real life than they're portayed through the television.

-Hallmark has exploited romance. Flowers, cards, teddy bears and chocolates do not equate to romance. A candlelit dinner and a movie is nice, but it's not romance. Girls are desperately searching for real life Hallmark filled love stories. The stuff is nice, but romance is not material and sappy. Romance is love carried out in action and sacrifice. It's when Andrew helps me to bed when I've fallen asleep on the couch and brings me a washcloth to wash my face in bed and helps me take out my contacts. It's when he wants to eat at a certain restaurant, but goes where I want to go instead. Romance is riding in his truck, holding his hand talking about our future. Romance was my Papaw dancing with my Mamaw and kissing her forehead. It's my dad planting my mom's garden in the sweltering heat because she so desperately wanted one. It's not in the stuff. It's in the sacrifices, the heartfelt moments.

- On a much less serious note, I have been frantically searching for ways to make a background for my blog or a really cool header with our names in a cool font, with an awesome background, but can't find any way to do it. It has frustrated me to the point of almost giving up...or asking for help. I like figuring out computer stuff on my own if 99% of all other bloggers can do it on their own. Help save my boring basic templated blogsite! (Addendum: I worked 4 hours after posting this blog, and finally figured out how to fix the background--all on my own! Now about that header with a picture...)

- Kacie needs to start a blog. I always enjoy reading her sarcastic narratives on her life and interests, and she always takes lots of pictures that would make her stories even more hilarious.

- I talked to one of my best friends, Tiffany, today. I miss her so much! She is just one of those people I can call and talk to for hours (which we did today) about anything and everything. Here are things I love about Tiffany:
1.She is a superb listener. Anyone can hear another person talking. But it takes practice to listen to what people are saying...and aren't saying...and be able to respond to it appropriately.
2. She always sees people's best motives and sees things with another perspective before judging.
3. She is "true blue." She sacrifices to allow other people to have fun, listens when she might not want to, gives advice anytime it's needed, and can always make me smile!
4. She is self disciplined. I need to learn by example here.
5. She genuinely cares about other people's feelings and works diligently not to offend others. Not too many people out there care that much these days. In this generation, it's all about, "Speak your mind. Don't let people walk all over you and tell you what to do!" She takes a different approach, and it's so refreshing.

-On the wedding front, here are our bridesmaids dresses I'm so psyched about wearing! The color is definitely off in the pictures; the dresses are two pieces, both chocolate brown with a red sash. The skirts are so elegant! I've got to find some strappy brown heels for my fitting this month. The wedding is only 4 1/2 months away!! I'm off to search online for shoes...Have a great rest of the week! :)

No comments:

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin