Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hitting the Major Milestone- Sleep!

At 1 month, 1 week, and 4 days Drew slept 5 straight hours! Hallelujah! I awoke as a new woman- refreshed and revived! That was all after I nearly had a heart attack when I woke up at 3:40, realizing he ate last at 10:30, and I hadn't heard from him since. I sat straight up in the bed and put my hand directly on his back to feel him breathing. Sigh relief. He was fine! Unfortunately, my quick movements in the bed woke him, and he was ready to eat! Fine by me!

Last night he slept 4 hours straight which is still a welcome relief! We'll see how tonight goes.

My sweet boy will be SIX weeks old tomorrow. I cannot believe it! As of now...

-He loves to make sweet noises while playing on his activity mat. I love hearing his little coos!
-He looooves bathtime. This kid will be like his dad and love the water.
-He enjoys rides in the car-most of the time. Not applicable when he's hungry.
-He loves being lifted up and down, up and down. Our arms aren't loving it so much.
-I have the only kid in the world who loves diaper changes. He just smiles so big when I put that cold wipe on his little tush. And, yes, he loves to have his butt paste put on!
-Being naked is his joy in life. So many times when he's been fussy, I've taken off his clothes and he became completely content!
-Peeing on his daddy is in next to greatest joy in life. Especially on his daddy's favorite blue shirt. ;)

-He's not so much liking being in a front carrier. I'm hoping once he develops some head control he'll enjoy his hotsling more in different positions.
-He hates to sit in one position for a long time, unless it's nursing. This kid is a monkey!
-My little booger will fight sleep until he's sooo cranky! We're in for a long road!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Yay for sleep! Time is going by entirely too fast!! SIX weeks????

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin