Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

I must say that I totally slacked on Halloween this year. We did manage to carve our 2 pumpkins and light them on 2 occasions,

but I really didn't put much thought into Drew's costume. I could make excuses about how I only had 50 other things that were a higher priority than a costume he cared nothing about, but I won't do that. I just wanted something simple, economical, and that didn't absolutely require a hat. (He HATES hats.) So Drew was going to be a train engineer. Simple. Economical.



Unfortunately, in retrospect, it required the hat because without it he looked like Farmer Fred.


So what was Drew this year? Well, for a total of 5 minutes he was a train engineer. The rest of the time, he was a farmer. Are you wondering what Andrew's costume has to do with an engineer/farmer? Nothing. Not a thing. Because trunk or treat started at 5 and I started on everyone's costume at 4:25. The final outcome:

An engineer/farmer, pirate, and a pregnant witch.




(Note the loads of chocolate on his mouth. This child was a chocolatey, sticky mess by the time 7pm rolled around. Oh and wound up on sugar. The crash was lovely.)



Overall, a fun time, even if it irked me constantly that we had no "theme." Hope your family has a very happy halloween!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

You look beautiful, Audra!!!

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin