Thursday, November 11, 2010

39 Week Update

Just a quick note from the OB appt today. I'm 3-4 cm dilated (can I get a WOOO HOOO!!) and could go "at any time now" per the doc. He didn't even want to schedule my repeat c-section for week 41 since he "can almost guarantee I'll go on my own before then." I was elated.

For those of you reading this who are thinking, "Well I was 3 cm for 5 weeks before I changed," I totally believe you, but would rather hear about that after I deliver. You know...so I can remain optimistic right now and all. ;)

So the next appointment is set for next Thursday if she doesn't make her grand arrival before then. I made yet another "last minute needs" trip tonight to Target--you know, for butter, bread, bananas, eggs and the like. I hope it's the last time I make that run!

I want to add lastly that God has granted me such a sense of peace over this entire situation. I have total faith that Hannah will make her arrival at exactly the right time and that my God's hand is over this entire situation. I don't understand how some people live without this incredible peace found only in the Father. Praise God for that and thank you for those praying so diligently for our safe delivery!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Excited for you!

Ben and Audrey said...

that is so exciting!!!

are you going to have another c-section or will your doc try to let you go VBAC?

Brittany said...

yeah for you!! as of today (40 weeks) i'm still 1 cm but in one week i went from 0-70% effaced. so at least i've made some progress! we are giving him a little longer then gonna induce if he keeps being stubborn. :)
hope hannah comes soon!!!

This Might Tickle Your Fancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin